The 10 Best OGX Shampoos for 2022
You might have struggled to choose the right shampoo if you visited a drugstore haircare section recently. Sometimes it can be difficult to choose from all the options available.
OGX hair products are great for their affordability and effectiveness. I’ve never tried an OGX shampoo I didn’t like. Today, I will narrow it down to the top OGX shampoos for 2022. This list of top shampoos can be used for all hair types.
This post contains affiliate links. Any purchases made through these link will result in a commission to me at no additional cost to you.
These are the 10 Best OGX Shampoos for 2022
These 10 best OGX shampoos are suitable for all hair types: dry, oily or frizzy; curly, curly or color-treated. You can mix and match shampoos according to your needs.
For the best results, you can combine each OGX shampoo with its matching OGX conditioning.
Frizzy hair is best
1. OGX Frizz-Free + Keratin Smoothing oil Shampoo
The frizz is gone with the OGX Frizz-Free and Keratin Smoothing oil Shampoo. This shampoo contains hydrolyzed argan oil and keratin to reduce frizz. This shampoo has multiple benefits for hair:
- Fights Frizz
- Strengthens hair
- Increases flexibility
- Enhances shine
- Protects against Humidity
The keratin shampoo’s scent is a combination of sweet and musk: a mixture of tropical orange, golden amber, and island pineapple. The shampoo will leave your hair silky and manageable. It also smells amazing.
- Hydrolyzed Keratin: Smoothens and strengthens hair. It improves the hair’s shine and reduces frizz.
- Argan Oil – Also known as Argan spinosa kernel oil or Argan oil , argan oil moisturizes hair and prevents damage.
- Ceramide NPH: Helps to protect and hydrate the scalp’s natural moisture barrier.
Related Post: Olaplex haircare review, The Best Conditioners For Frizzy Hair
Ideal for fine hair/thin hair/hair growth
2. OGX Extra Strength Biotin & Collagen Shampoo
The Extra Strength Biotin and Collagen Shampoo strengthens hair and adds volume. This shampoo is ideal for thin hair and in need of volume. This light and nourishing shampoo has biotin, bamboo fibre extract, and hydrolyzed Wheat protein to give your hair fuller, thicker locks.
- Vitamin B6: This vitamin, also known by its name, supports hair and skin health. While topical biotin products won’t provide the same benefits that oral biotin formulations do, they can help strengthen your hair’s surface, especially when combined with collagen.
- Bamboo Fiber extract: The silica content of bamboo is high. The study showed that silica, along with other ingredients, stimulated hair growth. The study was conducted on the popular supplement .
- Hydrolyzed wheat Protein: This watersoluble protein restores hair elasticity and increases moisture for healthier hair.
Ideal for: Oily hair/Oily scalp and Dandruff
3. OGX Teatree Mint Extra Strong Shampoo
Shop at Amazon
OGX Teatree mint Extra Strength Shampoo will cleanse your hair and leave it feeling fresh. This lightweight shampoo contains tea tree oil, peppermint and witch hazel, which help to eliminate buildup and give your scalp a tingling, fresh feeling.
Tea tree mint shampoo is a great way to remove oily hair and sebum buildup. It also removes residue from styling products.
- Tea Tree Leaf Oil This essential oil has antibacterial as well as antiseptic properties. It has anti-fungal properties that balance the scalp’s pH, which reduces itching often associated with dandruff.
- Witch Hazel: Calms itching, soothes inflammation and regulates sebum (oil production) on your scalp.
Ideal for: Dry hair and dry scalp
4. OGX Coconut Milk Shampoo
The HTMLX Coconut Milk Shampoo has coconut milk, egg white proteins, and extracts of other natural sources like coconut oil. It is gentle enough to use on dry hair, but leaves your scalp feeling moisturized and replenished.
After cleansing, this product will make your hair shiny and healthy. It won’t strip away any oils that are necessary to keep your hair strong and healthy. Instead, it will improve elasticity and hydration. The addictive tropical coconut smell is reminiscent of the old tropical tanning oils.
- Coconut Milk: Adds moisture and nourishment to your hair.
- Coconut Oil is rich in unsaturated fat acids and quickly absorbed to the hair shaft to protect it from damage.
- Egg white Proteins: Eggwhites are rich in protein because they contain all nine essential amino acid. They help to strengthen the cortex (the middle layer of hair) and give hair a sleeker, more shiny cuticle.
Ideal for thick hair/coarse hair
5. OGX Coconut Miracle Oil Shampoo
The OGX Coconut Magic Oil Shampoo acts as a shampoo that can be used to cleanse the hair and remove oil and dirt. Coconut oil is gentle on hair and doesn’t leave it feeling greasy or heavy.
This is the right product for coarse hair. Your hair will feel soft and nourished with the rich scent of coconut and vanilla.
- Coconut Oil Coconut oil is high in unsaturated fat acids, particularly lauric acid. Its structure makes it easy to absorb into hair shafts to protect hair from harm.
- The Essence of Tiare Protects from dryness and other damage
- Vanilla Bean Extract – Rich in antioxidants to help protect and soften hair, and promote hair growth.
Best For: Normal Hair
6. OGX Argan Oil of Morocco Extra Strong Shampoo
The OGX Argan Oil of Morocco Extra Strong Shampoo contains argan oil, which is a natural emollient rich in nutrients that will soften hair. Argan oil, also known as “liquid gold” in Morocco, is a natural emollient that hydrates normal hair and all types of hair. It leaves hair soft and shiny.
The shampoo is light in coconut scent and adds shine to your hair while keeping it hydrated all day.
- Argan Oil – Rich in unsaturated fat acids and antioxidant vitamin e, which provide natural UV protection against harmful rays, protecting hair, and protecting it from environmental aggressors.
- Silk Proteins – Strengthen hair with high cysteine levels Cysteine is an essential amino acid in the production of keratin. Keratin is a protein which gives hair structure and strength.
Ideal for damaged hair
7. OGX Bonding Plex Shampoo
The HTMLX Bonding Plex Shampoo contains a combination of vegetable proteins and cystine to clean hair damaged by heat or color. It strengthens and restores hair health.
- Cystine – Cystine, a cross-linking plastic that forms a protective layer to protect hair, helps prevent hair cuticle damage and minimizes breakage.
- Vegetable proteins: Smoothen the hair cuticle, strengthen damaged hair, and they can penetrate the cortex (the thickest layer of hair). Melanin is found in the cortex, which gives hair its color.
Ideal for Split ends & hair loss/Hair fall
8. OGX Anti-Breakage Oil Shampoo
The OGX Anti-Breakage Keratin Oil Shampoo prevents hair breakage by keratin protein, argan oil, and keratin. This shampoo can strengthen your hair and prevent hair fall, split ends, and hair loss from styling or brushing.
- Keratin Protein Keratin is a protein found naturally in hair. It protects hair from external stress and minimizes frizz. This ingredient is not used in salon keratin hair products that can cause hair damage depending on how it’s made.
- Argan Oil – Argan oil is good for hair and skin. It is high in antioxidants as well as unsaturated fat acids. It penetrates the hair cuticle and strengthens and restores hair strands.
Curly hair is best
9. OGX Coconut Curls + Quenching Shampoo
Coconut Curls Shampoo moisturizes and softens hair using coconut oil, while honey moisturizes curls and adds shine to make them healthy and curly.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oils have been shown to help avoid protein loss in hair if used as a pre and post-shampoo on both damaged or undamaged hair.
- Sweet Honey – A humectant which moisturizes and smoothes hair follicles for shiny, healthier hair.
- Citrus Oil – Controls frizz to create beautiful curls and waves
The best for: Colored hair
10. OGX Fade-Defying + Oil for Orchids Shampoo
Shop at Amazon Shop at Target
OGX Fade Defying + Orchid oil Shampoo protects hair color-treated with an UVA/UVB combination of grapeseed oil and orchid extract. This shampoo is ideal for color-treated hair, whether it’s coarse, dry, curly or thin.
This gentle formula moisturizes and hydrates hair while slowing down premature color fading. Multi-faceted colors and salon colors will remain vibrant thanks to this formula.
- Orchid Oil: Adds moisture to hair and shines color.
- Grapeseed oil: Contains antioxidants and vitamins to help protect from UVB damage. Additionally, grapeseed oil adds shine, texture, and strength to color-treated hair.
Todd Christopher founded OGX in 2006 under the brand name Organix. After a lawsuit claimed that Organix had misled consumers, the brand name was changed to OGX in 2013. (The products were not organic.
Today, OGX has salon-inspired formulas. They offer shampoo and conditioner as well as dry shampoo and styling products. With their distinctive short-rounded bottles, they stand out on drugstore shelves because of the exotic ingredients they use. They are determined to achieve sustainability without compromising performance.
OGX shampoos are not available in fragrance-free versions. This is because fragrance is a major selling point for OGX products. Most OGX shampoos and conditioners are free of sulfated surfactants. All current OGX products don’t contain parabens. OGX shampoos have a pH range of 4.0 to 6.5.
Final thoughts on the Best OGX Shampoos
Whether you use OGX shampoos paired up with matching conditioners, or just the shampoos from this list, it is more likely that you will get the results that you want.
Is OGX shampoo good to use on your hair? OGX shampoo is great for hair. The best OGX shampoo will be formulated to suit your hair type. OGX shampoos and conditioners are so affordable that you can test multiple shampoos. This increases your chances to find the shampoo that suits your hair best.