Sandwich with Healthy Egg Salad
Jump to Recipe
This egg salad sandwich has 78 calories per large boiled egg. This delicious egg salad sandwich can be transformed into a healthy egg sandwich by making a few simple changes.
Eggs are a low-calorie, high-protein food that is also low in calories. A large boiled eggs contains 78 calories and 6g of protein. Egg whites are almost four grams of protein and only have 17 calories without the yolk. The egg whites contain the most protein and have the lowest calories. Click here to see more egg nutrition macros and calories.
This healthy egg salad recipe is perfect for anyone who loves egg salad. This recipe is adapted from the Body For Life Cookbook.
This healthy egg salad sandwich was made healthier by using:
- Fat-free mayo
- I used LOW CALORIE/ LOW CARB bread and Dave’s Killer bread. Powerseed was my thin cut. (70 calories)
- I used only one slice of bread to make it an open-face sandwich.
- I weighed my avocado to make sure it wasn’t too calorie-dense, but it had a huge flavor!
- I also added more vegetables! I added peppers, celery, as well as lettuce!
- I used only one egg but added an egg white.
- It was one serving.
Below is the full recipe for healthy egg salad!
Healthy Low Calorie Egg Salad Sandwich
This egg salad sandwich has low carbohydrate and low calories. It will leave you satisfied.
5 votes out of 60
Print Pin Rate Course: LunchKeyword: High Protein Prep Time: 5 Minutes Servings: 1 Sandwich Calories: 194cal Author Amy Roskelley
- 1 slice Dave’s Killer bread, Powerseed thin cut (60 calories per slice).
- 1 medium hard-boiled egg
- 1 medium Hardboiled egg white
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayo
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1/2 medium Red pepper chopped
- 1 leaf lettuce
- 15 grams avocado (2 slices)
- Two hard-boiled eggs are enough. One egg can be used and one egg white. Chop the eggs. Chop the celery, parsley, and red pepper.
- Mix eggs, vegetables and 1 tablespoon of fat-free mayo
- Add a leaf of lettuce and Dave’s Killer bread, 60-calorie thin sliced.
The entire recipe has 194 calories, 15 grams protein, 13 grams carbs, 10 g fat, and 194 calories.
Calories: 194calTried the recipe?
This sandwich is low-carb, high-protein and has 194 calories. It also contains 15 grams protein and 13 grams carbs. It’s so good!