It’s like having a one-way conversation when you send a message and don’t get a reply. It can lead to a misunderstanding, missed business deals, or a failure to answer an important question if you send a text message to someone personal.
Your phone could be the problem, and not human error. Your smartphone might have stopped receiving text messages for a variety of reasons. There are many things you can do to fix this problem. Continue reading to learn how you can fix the problem before it becomes a major inconvenience.
How to fix an iPhone that isn’t receiving text messages
In just seconds, technology allows us to send messages around the globe in just a few seconds. Every day, 5 to 6 billion text messages are sent worldwide. 81% of Americans use texting for business, personal, and social purposes.
You probably use your iPhone’s messaging application as much as you do actual calls. You might be familiar with the three components required to send a message via text: your phone, the app and the network. One or more of these components can cause problems.
How to Create a Pin for Pinterest on a PC or Mobile Device Mark anthony
Device not working correctly
- The network is not receiving or sending any messages
- Failed to connect to the messaging app
These could be the reasons you don’t get the message you want. These suggestions might help you if you aren’t getting text messages.
- Restart your device. It could be as simple as an app not loading correctly or a network connection problem. It is possible to reset your phone quickly.
- You may not be able to receive text messages if they contain videos or images. Check your storage space to ensure that you have enough space to store these large files. You can delete any messages that you do not need to clear space.
- Check that your carrier supports SMS/MMS messages.
- Make sure your iPhone can receive messages. These steps will help you do this:
- Start the Settings App.
- Tap Messages and then Send and Receive.
- In the “You can send iMessages” section, make sure you have a checkmark next to your phone number.
Contact Apple support if your iPhone still does not receive messages. Apple offers online and phone support as well as comprehensive troubleshooting. For more assistance, you can also download the Apple Support App.
How to fix an iPhone that doesn’t receive text messages from anyone
Is your iPhone unable to receive messages from any person, no matter what device they use? This is a common problem for iPhone users.
Reset your network. iPhones come with the Reset Network Settings option. These steps will help you:
- Start the Settings App.
- Navigate to General, and tap Set.
- Select the Reset network settings option.
Verify that your carrier settings have been updated. Updates are released by local carriers on a regular basis. To fix any issues with your iPhone’s incoming text messages, follow the steps below.
- Start the Settings App.
- Go to General > About.
- Scroll down to Carrier, and you’ll find the current version and network name.
- Tap Network Provider, Carrier. The iPhone will automatically update to the most recent version.
Airplane Mode can be turned off and switched on again. This is a common solution for network-related issues. Here’s how:
- The Control Center is located in the upper right corner on the home screen.
- Turn on Flight Mode. After a few seconds, turn it off.
- Send someone a message to check if it worked.
Disable and enable iMessage. This is similar to turning Airplane Mode on and off again.
- The Settings menu option is available.
- To disable messages, go to Messages.
- Allow iMessage to be enabled after a few seconds.
- This fix can be tested by having someone send a text.
These solutions may save you the trip to Apple Store to get your device repaired or replaced.
How to fix an iPhone that doesn’t receive text messages from one person
These suggestions can help you if you don’t receive text messages from a particular person.
- You can check to see if there is a Wi-Fi connection or cellular data connection in your area.
- Restart your device by turning off iMessage
- You can see where you can receive and respond to messages. Go to Settings > All Messages > Send and Receive.
- You can find out if your Apple ID is being shared with another device. This could block your messages. This will fix the problem:
- Clear all data from the phone sharing your Apple ID.
- Follow the steps in Apple Support to set up the second device as a “new iPhone”.
- You can delete the contact. Make sure that the entire message thread for this contact has been deleted. Re-add the contact.
Apple’s online support can sometimes make it easy to solve an iPhone issue. Browse the Apple Support Community to find possible solutions. You are not the only one experiencing this problem. There are many possible solutions.
How to fix an Android phone that isn’t receiving text messages
These are some solutions if you have an Android phone and you don’t receive text messages from others using different devices.
- Reboot your phone. This will install any updates your messaging app might need.
- You should check the reception at your location. To receive messages and get better reception, you might need to travel outside. A signal booster might be a good option to boost your reception at home.
- To find out if someone is using an old thread to send messages to you, check with them. Ask them to disable iMessage and to send you a new message to your number.
- Clear your cache in your text app. Reboot your phone to check if messages are coming in.
- Make sure that your SIM card is properly inserted
- Make sure your phone isn’t in Airplane Mode
- Visual voicemail might not be available on a new phone. If you don’t receive readable text messages from your voicemail, check your voicemail notifications
- Confirm that your carrier supports SMS/MMS/RCS messaging.
How to fix an Android phone that isn’t receiving text messages from one person
You may be able to receive messages from all contacts on your Android phone, but not one. Try these steps if you aren’t receiving messages from a particular contact:
- Confirm that they were not blocked by mistake.
- You can delete the contact and then add it back in.
- You may need to provide a country code for the number. For instance, +1 is for U.S. numbers.
- Ask the sender to confirm that the message was sent successfully.
To check if there are any network issues, you can also visit the website of your cell provider. While some network problems are not apparent to users, they could affect certain functions. Any alerts or updates about the network can be viewed on their website.
Communication Failures or Technical Difficulties
Communication is a two-way process. An email reply can make or break a relationship or deal. Until someone asks you why you have not responded to a text, you may not be aware that you aren’t receiving them. There is support and help available to assist you in resolving the issue quickly.
Did you ever discover that you weren’t receiving text messages? Did you manage to solve the problem yourself? Please share your story in the comments below.