Steam is the largest legitimate marketplace for videogames in the world. Because there are so many scammy game trading websites, we want to emphasize the word legitimate.
The platform allows you to gift games to your Steam friends, which is not only legit. Find out how to see your Steam friends’ wishlists, choose a game and then gift it to them. Valve has recently made the gifting process even more enjoyable. We’ll also be discussing the changes.
Steam App: Viewing your friends’ wishlist
This is how to view friends’ Steam wishlists:
- Launch the Steam App.
- Log in using your username and password
- Click on Friends and chat in the bottom-right corner of the Steam App window.
- Click the dropdown arrow beside your friend’s username. When you hover over your friends’ names, the arrow will appear.
- Select View Profile.
- Click on the Games button (to the right, in the middle of the profile screen)
- Here you will find several tabs (games they have, recent games, and their wishlist). Click on Wishlist.
- Check out the wishlist of your friends to see which titles they are interested in.
Important Note: You should be able see your friend’s wishlist as long as their Inventory settings are set at least Friends Only.
How to view your friend’s wishlist on Steam Web Version
A web browser can be used to access the wishlists of your friends. Here’s how:
- Log in to Steam by going to the Steam website
- Click on your username to open the top. Click on ‘Friends’ in the dropdown menu.
- Click on the friend you wish to see their wishlist.
- Click on ‘Games” in the menu to the right.
- Click the “Wishlist” button at the top.
- Check out their wishlist.
If you feel generous, you can buy the game for them.
How to view a friend’s Steam Wishlist via the Mobile App
Steam mobile allows you to view friends’ wishlists. The application must be downloaded to your phone. You also need to log in. These are the steps to follow:
- Tap on the three horizontal lines at the upper right corner of the Steam app to open it.
- To reveal the Friend’s option, tap on ‘You & Friends. Tap it.
- Tap on the friend you are interested in.
- Tap on “Games.”
- Click on the dropdown menu.
- Tap on “Wishlist.”
- Check out the wishlists of your friends.
Give them a game!
You might want to gift an exciting game to your friend if they have a wishlist. These are the steps:
- Browse through the wishlist of your friend to find the game that you want to give them. Click Add to Cart next the title.
- The Steam shopping cart will now open. Choose Purchase as a gift. You can’t purchase the game if you don’t own it.
- Choose your friend’s name in your Steam friends list. To send the gift, click Continue
- If you wish to make your gift extra special, add a thoughtful gift note. Enter the name of your friend, along with your message, sentiment, signature, and signature. When you’re done, click Continue.
- Enter your payment information. You will need to enter your payment information. Steam accepts various credit cards, including PayPal. However, it has stopped accepting Bitcoin payments since a recent update due to the currency’s volatility.
- Finalize your purchase and confirm your payment information. Click on Continue to gift the game to your friend.
Steam will immediately add the game to your friend’s account. The gift receipt will be sent to you by email. You will receive an email receipt of the gift.
Recent Steam Gifts Policy Update
It was a popular practice to resell games on Steam for many years. Many people made a living from this business. The previous gifting system made it possible. Steam games were previously sold using game codes. You could have as many duplicate codes you wanted.
This is now impossible with the recent update for Steam game gifting. While duplicate codes that you have had prior to the update won’t be lost, you will not be able keep them any longer. This is Valve’s method of dealing with illegal game resellers on Steam. It is fair.
You can also purchase gifts directly from the wishlist of your friends. This new system is more efficient and functional. Due to Bitcoin’s extreme volatility, Valve has stopped accepting Bitcoin payments.
Alternatives to Gifting Steam Games
It’s great to gift games to Steam friends, but there is one problem. It’s impossible to predict which Steam friends will be most interested in what games. It’s possible for them to have a long wishlist and it can be hard to choose the right game. It is a good idea to gift Steam gift cards to friends.
Here’s how to get them a Steam gift certificate:
- Open Steam.
- Click on Steam at the top-left corner and choose Settings.
- Next, click on the Account tab and select View Account Details.
- Click on “Add Funds to Your SteamWallet”
- Choose Redeem Steam Gift Card or Wallet code.
- Scroll down to select Purchase Digital Gift Coupons.
- Choose the amount of your gift card and choose a friend to surprise. Follow the on-screen instructions by clicking Continue
Steam will update the Steam wallet balance of your friend, and you’ll receive an email receipt.
Most Frequently Asked Questions
These are more questions you might have about Steam’s wishlists.
How can I ensure that others can see my wishlist and not be blocked?
It can be frustrating if you have taken the time to add games and no one else can see them. It’s not difficult to make your wishlist visible. Here are the steps:
- Click on your username at the top right corner of the website or app. Next, click on “View my profile.”
- Right click on “Edit Profile”
- To the left, click ‘Privacy Settings.
- You can change your entire profile to Public or scroll down to Inventory.
- Make sure Inventory has been set to Only.
Your wishlist is now visible to your friends.
How can I add games to my wishlist.
It is easy to add games to your wishlist. Simply search for the game that you wish to add. Click ‘Add To Wishlist’ just below the preview image.
Friends are better at games
This was how to view your friend’s Steam wishlist and buy them gifts. It was a great help and you were able to quickly find the perfect Steam gift for your friend.
Please feel free to share your thoughts and experiences in the comments section.
One thought about “How to View Your Friends’ Wishlists on Steam”