In the last few years, TikTok has seen a surge in popularity. It was initially an app that allowed for dancing and singing to music. Today, the platform is home to many types of content and creators. This is due to the app’s extensive, frequently updated editing features such as Text-to-Speech.
Text can now be spoken aloud using a few voice options. This makes your TikTok video the focal point of attention and gives your content a more organized look.
The TikTok editing tools like Text-to-Speech are difficult to use for beginners. Continue reading to find out how to use the feature on different devices, and answer common questions such as changing the voice type.
How to use TikTok’s text-to-speech feature on an Android device
No matter if you have an Android phone or an iPhone, the TikTok features will work regardless. But sounds, filters and editing features may differ depending on where you live. New features are usually only available in the United States. However, TikTok now offers the Text-to Speech feature in a few different voices to all users.
You can use this feature by recording your video as normal and following these steps to add Text to Speech:
- Tap “Text” to add text.
- Type the text that you like.
- Click “Done” in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Click the text.
- You will see a pop-up menu where you can choose to add text-to-speech to the screen or adjust the length of the text.
- Choose “Text to-speech”
- Save the video.
You can also choose between the four voices available on the platform, as well as change the volume. These options allow you to adjust the volume of your background music or the voice of Text-to-Speech.
How to use text-to-speech in TikTok for an iPhone
There are no differences in using TikTok with an Android or iPhone. The steps to add Text-to-Speech are identical. Make a video as normal and follow these steps to add this feature.
- Tap on the text and hold it.
- A pop-up menu will open with three options: Text-to-Speech, Set Duration, and Edit.
- Choose “Text to-Speech”
- After editing your video, click “Save.”
This feature is available to iPhone users in an alternative way. You can add Siri’s voice to your text. These are the steps to follow in order to do this:
- Open “Settings”
- Go to “Accessibility.”
- Choose “Spoken content”
- Turn on “Speak selection.”
- Open your “Notes” app.
- Enter the text that you would like to include in your TikTok video.
- Start recording by opening the Recording Tool.
- Select the text that you have written by going to “Notes” once more.
- Tap on the “Speak” button to let Siri read aloud the text. When she’s finished, you can stop recording.
- Upload the recording to TikTok
How to use text-to-speech in TikTok for an iPad
Because of its larger screen, TikTok is easier to use on an iPad than on a smartphone. An iPad is also a great tool for editing videos. However, text-to-speech can be added to any iPhone just as easily.
- To start recording your TikTok, press the “+” button.
- Once you are done recording, touch and hold the red tick button at the bottom-right corner.
- Select “Text”
- You can add any text you like.
- To display a pop up menu of options, hold your finger on the text.
- Select “Text to Speech”
- Once you are done editing your video click “Save”.
You can add Siri to your TikTok in the same way as you would for an iPhone.
- Navigate to the “Settings” menu.
- Select “Accessibility”
- Choose “Spoken content”
- Allow “Speak selection”
- Open the “Notes” app on your smartphone.
- Enter the text that you would like to be included in your TikTok video.
- Use the Recording Tool to start recording.
- Tap on the words that you have written in “Notes.”
- To have Siri read aloud the text, select the “Speak” option.
- When Siri has finished reading the text, Siri will stop the recording.
- TikTok allows you to upload your recordings
How to use SpongeBob Text to-Speech on TikTok
You may want your TikTok voiceover sound like SpongeBob, whether you’re filming a TikTok about SpongeBob. This can be done with your internet browser, even though it isn’t possible to do directly in TikTok.
- Go to 15.ai in your browser.
- Scroll down to the character selections and choose SpongeBob SquarePants.
- Type the text that you would like in the box below.
- Click the “Generate” button below the textbox.
- The file can be downloaded.
- Tap on “Share” to open the file.
- It is now possible to share it with TikTok, or to edit it in an app.
How do I change the text-to-speech voice on TikTok
You can choose from the many voices that TikTok has available to you by first ensuring your app is current. These steps will help you ensure that your app is up-to-date.
- Make a TikTok Video.
- Scroll to the bottom and click “Text” to enter the text to be converted to speech.
- Keep the text box down until you see the words “Text to Speech”
- Choose your favorite voice
Why is my Text-to-Speech not working?
Your app may not be up-to-date if your Text-to Speech isn’t working. The feature was not available in earlier versions of the app. To update your app, go to the Google Play Store for Android or the App Store for iOS devices. If the option is listed in its official Store entry, search for “TikTok” and click on “Update”.
You can reinstall the app if updating fails to resolve the issue. Hold the TikTok icon, then tap on “Delete”, and then go back to the Google Play Store for Android or the App Store for iOS to install TikTok.
Another option is to upgrade your phone. Your phone’s operating systems may be out of date and cause compatibility problems with other apps. Some features may not function correctly.
The Time is Getting Ticking!
You can tap into your creativity by adding different voices to the text and making adjustments to suit your needs. You will need to adjust the length of the text. It will remain on the screen even if it is read aloud.
Are you familiar with the Text-to Speech feature? Are you more comfortable with videos that have text-to-speech or those without? Is it an effective addition to TikTok’s editing mode? Please comment below to share your thoughts!