Are you unsure if you’re ready to post a certain post on Instagram? Do not worry, you can always return to it later. You can then save the draft to your computer and return later when you are able to add filters and create the caption. Once you are familiar with the steps, it is easy to use this function.
You’ve come to a good place if you want to learn how to use drafts in Instagram. You’ll also learn how drafts can be deleted and how long they last. Find out where you can find saved reels.
How to create and save Instagram drafts on an iPhone
This is the guide for iPhone users who want to know how to save drafts to Instagram.
- Start “Instagram” on your smartphone.
- Tap the icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Take a photo, or upload one from your Library.
- Click on to “Next.”
- You can choose filters like ‘brightness, ‘contrast, …
- Click on to “Next.”
- To return to filters, click on the “ back Arrowhead in the upper left corner.
- Click once more on the “ back Arrowhead. A message will appear asking you to save the draft. Tap on to “Save Draft.”
Please note: It’s not possible to save the draft of a post if you don’t add Instagram filters, tag friends or write a caption to it. However, if you upload it without any of these, and then go back to Instagram, it won’t ask for you to save it.
How to Save and Create Instagram Drafts on Android Phones
This is how to use your Android phone to save drafts on Instagram
- Open on your Android smartphone.
- To the right of the screen, click on the + plus symbol.
- You can add a photo to your library, select multiple images or take a camera photo. The gray image is currently selected. When you are done, tap the blue right arrow.
- Select a Filter or leave as usual. You must make some edits to the draft from the previous step in order to save it. After you’ve made your choice, click the ” right arrow”.
- Make some adjustments in the post editing screen. Click the blue right arrow to continue. To get the “Draft” option (either step 5 or 4, you will need to make some edits.
- Select “Save as Draft?” Popup.
- You’ll now see the “Drafts ” option on the “New Post” screen. This is now saved. To continue editing, you can tap the “blue right arrow” (next arrow) button. To save and publish your post, tap the blue right arrow (next)
How to use Instagram Drafts on Windows and Mac, Linux, Chromebook, and Chromebook
You may be wondering if you can save drafts from your mobile phone. At the moment, drafts can’t be saved if Instagram is on your computer. However, if you have to save a post on Instagram, you can do it on your phone.
How to access your drafts on Instagram for iPhone/Android
It’s not difficult to access drafts on Instagram. You can access your drafts on Instagram using an Android or iPhone.
- Open “Instagram” on your phone.
- Click the + icon plus at the bottom of your iPhone or Android.
- You’ll find “Recents” in your “Library,” which is a collection of photos and videos taken with your phone. There will also be “Drafts” where you can locate the saved photo. To open the item, tap on “Drafts”.
How to edit your drafts on Instagram
Once you upload a photo to Instagram, it is possible to edit drafts. You will need to edit them in the same way as you would upload a new photo. Here’s what you should do:
- After you have opened the photo in “Drafts,” tap on the “Next” menu.
- Click on to “Edit,” below the image. Now, it will be colored blue.
- The page returns the filter.
How to delete drafts on Instagram
Sometimes, you may not need a draft anymore. This is how to delete drafts on Instagram
- Open Instagram.
- Touch the + icon plus.
- Tap on the “Manage” button to the right of “Drafts.”
- Select “Edit.”
- Tap on to “Discard”, and confirm that the draft is deleted.
It is easy to manage drafts on Instagram. You can save as many drafts as you like and edit them as needed. To reduce clutter in your “Drafts” area, delete the draft after you are done editing.
Additional FAQs for Instagram Draft
Drafts are still an emerging feature on Instagram. Continue reading to find out more.
How long can Instagram drafts last for?
In reality, Instagram drafts have no life span. Some users complain that their drafts disappear suddenly. It’s likely that Instagram is having a problem. Contact their support to see if they can assist you.
Is it possible to find my Reels drafts in Instagram?
How do you access a reel you have saved on Instagram? Are there any special locations for Instagram Reels? Or are they all available in the same location as regular drafts? Instagram makes sure that all drafts are accessible to users, regardless of type. The “Drafts” section stores the saved Reels.
What can I do to recover my drafts
Drafts are not stored on Instagram like posts. Your drafts will disappear if you remove the app from your smartphone and reinstall it. They are lost forever, unfortunately. You can still create new posts or drafts if you have the images stored to your phone’s Gallery.