How To Update Realtek HD Audio drivers in Windows 10  If you’re looking for an easy way to update Realtek HDaudio drivers in Windows 10, then this article will show you how. The most popular sound drivers for Windows 10 are the Realtek HD Audio Drivers. You can find the Realtek HD Audio Drivers or SST in Device Manager.
If you have a problem with sound, headphones not working or sound not working, Realtek HD audio drivers may need to be updated. Let’s now see how to update Realtek HD audio drivers in Windows 10 using the guide below.
Contents [ hide]
- How do I update Realtek HD Audio drivers in Windows 10
- Method 2 – Download and install the Realtek Audio Driver for OEM Manufacturers
- Method 3 – Update the Realtek audio drivers automatically
- Method 4 – Add a legacy hardware
How to update Realtek HD Audio drivers in Windows 10
Notice: Create a Restore Point in case of an emergency.
Method 1: Update Realtek HD Audio Drivers using Device Manager
1.Press Windows Key + R, then type devmgmt.msc, and hit Enter to open device manager.
2.Expand ” Audio, video and gaming controllers“, then right-click Realtek HD Audio to select Update driver
3.Click on ” Search automatically to find updated driver software“
4.Remain patient and wait for the process of finding the latest update for your sound driver. If found, click on Install. To save your changes, close and restart your computer after you’re done.
5.But, if your driver has been updated, you will receive a message saying The best driver for your device is already installed.
6.Click on Close to close the window. The drivers are up-to-date and you don’t have to do anything.
7.Reboot your computer to save any changes.
If the Realtek High Definition audio driver issue persists, you can manually update your drivers by following this guide.
1.Open Device Manager, then click on Realtek HD Audio and select Update driver.
- Click on ” Browse My Computer for Driver Software“.
3.Next, choose ” Let’s see a list of drivers that are available for my computer.
- Select the suitable driver from this list and click Next.
- Wait for the driver installation to complete, then turn on your computer.
Method 2 – Download and install the Realtek Audio Driver for OEM Manufacturers
Windows may not be able to locate the latest update by using the above method due to an improper internet connection or any other reason. Please visit the Realtek website.
1.Open your preferred web browser and navigate directly to this website.
- You will be directed to the download page. Now, under ” PC Audio Codecs“, select the most recent driver.
Important: Be sure to install the correct driver for your system.
- If you are unable to locate the driver, you will need the driver for AC’97 audio codecs software or high definition audio codecs software.
Notification: You will need the High Definition Audio Codecs for most users. However, if your system is older, then you only need the AC’97 Audio Codecs.
4.After the file has been downloaded, double-click the setup file. Follow the onscreen instructions to Install the Latest Realtek Hi-Def Audio Drivers.
Method 3 – Update the Realtek audio drivers automatically
1.Press Windows Key + I, then select Security & Update.
- Next, click on ” Update status”
3.Install the update that was found for your computer and restart it.
Method 4 – Add a legacy hardware
1.Press Windows Key +R, then type devmgmt.msc (without quotes), and hit Enter to open Device Manager.
2.In Device Manager, select Video and Game Controllers. Click on Action > Add legacy equipment.
3.Click Next to select’Search and install the hardware automatically (Recommended).
- Install the drivers manually and reboot your system to save any changes.
- Fix HDMI Sound Problem in Windows 10
- YouTube Slowness Fix
- Fix Service Host – Local System High CPU, Disk Usage
- How To Fix Windows Update Error 8244019
This concludes How To Update Realtek HD Audio drivers in Windows 10. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section.