YouTube allows you to view, edit and delete any comments made on your account in just a few clicks.
You’re likely to have left many comments on YouTube videos. It’s something we all do, and sometimes it can be difficult to keep track.
YouTube makes it simple to view, edit, or delete any comments made on your YouTube account. How? Continue reading to learn more.
What You Need to Know About Your YouTube Comments History
You can view your comment history for many reasons. Perhaps you wish to recall a special occasion, or share one your most memorable comments with friends.
YouTube allows you to edit and delete comments. This makes it easy to change or remove a comment. We’ve all made mistakes or done something embarrassing at one time or another.
YouTube stores all comments made to your account. Knowing how to access and manage your YouTube comments can be very helpful.
How to view your YouTube comment history on your desktop
Let’s first go over how to locate your YouTube comments with your favorite browser.
- Sign in to your YouTube.com account.
- Click the Hamburger button (the three lines). Click the link at the top of the page. Histories .
- The YouTube history page will now open. Click the link in the right-side menu. Comment under Manage all History .
- You will be redirected back to your Comment History . Here will be a list of all YouTube comments made from your account. To view any comment, scroll down or up.
MAKEUSEOF VIDEO DURING THE DAY
YouTube will not show your history if you have commented on a deleted YouTube video or if YouTube removes your comment.
How to delete and edit YouTube comments on your desktop
You can edit or delete any comment that is available once you have logged into your YouTube Comment History. Follow these steps to edit or delete the comment:
- There will be the words under your comment Commented Then, follow the link to the video/post where you left the comment. Click the link.
- YouTube will open the comment you made. Scroll down to find the comments section. Your comment will be at the top. This comment will appear in the following format A YouTube highlighted comment .
- Click the button to edit or delete a comment. Continue reading Click (the Three dots Your comment will appear to the right of it
- To permanently delete a comment, click the Delete button.
- To edit the comment, click on the Edit button. Click the Save link after editing. You will see the new comment and the word (edited) will appear beside the comment’s timestamp.
How to share your YouTube comments on a desktop
It’s easy to share your comments. Once you have clicked on one your comments, the URL in your browser’s addressbar is a link to the video page that displays your highlighted comment at top of the comments list.
If your browser has one, you can share the link by clicking the sharing button. Copy it from the address line and share it with friends on social media or any other way you choose.
YouTube App: How to View, Edit or Delete Comments
To view and manage your comments, you can also use YouTube on your smartphone. Follow these steps:
- Open YouTube on your device.
- Tap the profile at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Select Enter your data in YouTube.
- To see your comments, tap More under Your YouTube Dashboard.
- Click the comments. You can view all comments in your YouTube Comment History by tapping the strong>comments button.
- Tap the video/post you like.
- This will open your Highlighted Comment. Tap More (the three horizontal lines to the right).
- Choose Edit To make modifications or Delete To remove your comment.
Enjoy Editing and Viewing Your YouTube Comments
You may have many comments from the past that you wish to see and edit.
You can edit, organize and save your comments from your phone or PC. Or you can view your comment history to recall special moments or occasions.