Disney Plus was a huge success in the streaming market from the beginning. Given the content included and the affordable price, it was not surprising that a streaming service was implemented.
Disney Plus allows you to customize almost everything. This article will explain the subtleties of subtitles, and offer tips on how to customize them for your viewing preferences.
How to turn on and off Disney Plus subtitles
It is easy to enable and disable subtitles in Disney Plus. These sections will provide an overview of various devices including Smart TVs and smartphones.
Managing Disney Subtitles with a Firestick Device
- Play a movie or show that interests you. To turn the playback on, press the Up key on your remote. Select the menu icon and click it.
- You will see the Subtitles menu option. Navigate to it and then press the selection button. Choose between On or Off. To exit to playback, press the back button.
How to manage Disney Subtitles on a Roku Device
- You start by choosing the content that you want to watch. Next, go to the content description page. Select Options, Audio and Subtitles. You can navigate via the Roku remote, or by clicking on the icon from the desktop client or application.
- Select Subtitles, Closed Captioning on, or off from the menu and hit the Back button to return.
You can also manage subtitles for all apps using the Roku Settings menu. Here’s how.
- Scroll down to the Roku homepage and choose Settings.
- Scroll down to the Settings Menu and click on accessibility.
- You can select Captions mode or Captions preferred language, and Captions style.
- To manage subtitles, click on Captions mode. You can choose from Off or On always.
- You can also choose your preferred subtitle language and appearance from the other options.
There are many options available. It might be helpful to spend a little time getting to know the menu.
Disney Subtitles for Newer Rokus. Key Tip
- To access the more menu, press the Up or Down buttons on the remote. From there, select Audio and Subtitles. You can also do the same thing, but this is the fastest way.
It is also possible to turn off subtitles in Rokus older versions.
How to manage Disney Subtitles on Android and iPhone
- Tap on the display to play a movie or show. This applies to all Android devices and iOS devices, iPads included.
- Android users will then see a chat bubble icon at the upper right corner of the screen. iOS users will see a variety icon in upper right corner of screen.
- To turn them off, tap on the icon.
- To return to playback, hit the X button in the upper-right corner of the screen.
How to manage Disney Subtitles on a PC
This assumes that you are accessing Disney Plus through a browser. The streaming service will work regardless of your operating system or computer.
- Click on the menu icon in the upper right corner of the main window to enable or disable subtitles.
- You will be taken to the Audio & Subtitles Menu, where you can choose your preferred language.
To turn off subtitles, click on the appropriate option under Subtitles.
Disney Subtitles for Smart TVs (Samsung LG, Panasonic, Sony and Vizio).
It’s great to be able to use Disney Plus on your Smart TV. But how do you manage subtitles? Here are some tips to help you choose the best Smart TV brands.
- Start the Disney Plus app and select the content that you want to view. Then, hit the Play key.
- To navigate using the remote, simply press the Up arrow twice.
- Then, click the Select button to go to the Subtitles Menu.
- Select Subtitles to choose Off the subtitles language that you would like to use.
- Grab your LG remote control and press the Home key.
- The settings cog should be located in the upper-right corner of the screen. Select it, and then proceed to Accessibility. Next, choose Subtitle.
- Select the Subtitles section and click on Disable or Enable. This will turn on subtitles for your TV.
- Next, launch the app to view any content that you want to see and then repeat the steps.
The Panasonic remote can be used to turn the subtitles on or off. The button is labeled STTL/AD, or STTL. Although the button’s position may change, it is usually located in the middle of your remote, just above the Vol and CH rockers.
The button can be pressed to turn on or off subtitles instantly. It activates the sub-menu with more options for some models. You can disable them or enable them by going to the appropriate section and making a selection.
Make sure that subtitles are also enabled in Disney Plus.
- Grab your remote and press the Home button. Next, select Settings. You will find the subtitle option at the bottom of your screen. Sony chooses to use the briefcase icon over the standard cog.
- To confirm, click the central button and select the digital set-up option.
- Navigate to the Subtitle Set-up. Press the central button once again. Now you can set subtitle preferences for Smart TV or Disney Plus.
- To return to the previous content source, press the Home button two times.
- To activate subtitles, press the Menu button located on the Vizio remote. It is usually located above navigation rockers in device’s upper portion.
- To reach the Closed Captions option, use the arrows and then hit the OK to confirm. To toggle subtitles on and off, you can use the left- and right-arrows in the menu.
- The Closed Captions menu includes Analog, Digital ClosedCaptions, and Digitized Style. These should be used as default, regardless of your purposes and intentions.
You can also find a CC button on your remote that will activate or deactivate subtitles in one press. However, you should enable subtitles in Disney Plus.
It’s easy to enable or disable Disney Plus subtitles from any device. This option works almost without any glitches. There are however some customizations that you need to know and some troubleshooting options.
Can I change the subtitle language?
You can. And you already know how. To navigate to the Audio & Subtitles menu from the remote, use the arrow keys. Next, choose your preferred language and check it.
Disney Plus content supports over twenty subtitle languages. Some fonts and letters may not be supported.
Nevertheless, it is important to see the subtitles preview immediately after you have made the selection.
Subtitles Keep Coming Back On. What can I do?
The subtitles should not be removed after the playback has ended. This is not always true, especially for certain streaming devices and Smart TVs.
Double-check your in-app settings to find the culprit. Make sure that the Disney Plus subtitles have been turned off. Next, check the option on your Roku or Firestick.
You can then resume playback to see if subtitles have disappeared. Sometimes, this won’t work and you will need to adjust the TV settings.
Remember that subtitles can be disabled on streaming devices and TVs for all content, not just specific content. To avoid annoying issues, the Disney Plus app should be capable of overriding those settings.
Can Text Size Be Adjusted?
You can change the text size. You can find different sizes of text in the Subtitles/ Closed captions menu. Simply select the desired percentage and subtitles will scale automatically to it. There’s a catch.
The text may appear too large or too small depending on which device you are using. This is a common problem with Android smartphones.
You won’t have to alter the Disney Plus settings if you can change the text size on your streaming device.
If you have an iPhone or Android, go to the Accessibility Setting. You can change the font and size of your subtitles, as well as color, from this page. These same options are also available on a PS4/5 and Xbox under the Closed captioning settings.
Can the font size be changed?
You can change the font size in the Disney Plus Audio and Subtitles settings. You can also change the font color and opacity from the menu.
- This option can be accessed by going to Audio and Subtitles, then selecting Settings.
- Select the Font Size that you prefer under the tab, and then check the preview in this window at the top.
You might need to use a larger font for some devices like the Xbox One.
My Subtitles Aren’t Syncing Properly. What can I do?
This is not a problem that Disney Plus has. Subtitles are used at the same frame rate as the video. This is usually resolved by a quick restart of playback or the application itself.
You might be able to adjust the frame rate manually on some streaming devices. This can temporarily resolve the problem. As the video progresses, subtitles may become out of sync once more. If you are trying to use third-party subs, this can happen twice.
Ensure that your operating system and app are current when streaming content from mobile devices. If the operating system and the app are not up-to-date, subtitles may be behind the audio and vice versa.
Binge Streaming – Subtitles On
When it comes to subtitle management, Disney Plus hasn’t missed a beat. Access is simple, no matter what device you use. The customization menu is unbeatable. Only one limitation is the text size for certain devices.
Which Disney Plus content do your like best? Did you experience any difficulties loading the subtitles Please comment below with your thoughts.