These troubleshooting tips will help you to contact Apple.
There could be some issues with your Apple Watch. A dark screen doesn’t mean disaster. Even if your Apple Watch has been charged overnight, most problems can be resolved quickly.
What to Do When Your Apple Watch Does Not Charge
The Force Restart will turn on the Apple Watch
A battery problem is the most common reason that the Apple Watch’s display goes dark or becomes unresponsive. The first thing you should do is to force restart the Apple Watch. If the problem is not serious, you don’t want the watch to take longer than half an hour to charge.
You may have accidentally activated a mode that causes the Apple Watch to go dark. The device will turn off if it is forced to restart by. The Apple Watch will turn itself on and resolve almost all problems, except for a dead battery.
- The Apple Watch crown is the one that spins to the side. Also, hold down the small button below the crown.
- Continue to hold down both buttons until the Apple logo appears on the screen. This indicates that the Apple Watch has restarted.
- The watch should be able to restart in 10 seconds. However, it is important that both buttons are pressed for at least 30 seconds before the force restart fails. Rarely, it may take longer than 30 seconds.
You should set your Apple Watch to turn on if it turns on. If your Apple Watch does not turn on and the time is displayed when you click on the crown, then skip to the instructions for fixing a Power Reserve problem.
Charge your Apple Watch
Although this may seem obvious, just because your watch says you are charging it doesn’t necessarily mean that it is charging. It is possible that your Apple Watch has a battery problem if it turns off at night. If your Apple Watch is not charging properly, it may be experiencing battery problems.
- Make sure to check the bottom of your Apple Watch for any plastic wrap. The Apple Watch uses induction for powering up when it is placed on the charging pad. Any object attached to the watch’s bottom can pose a problem.
- Check that the charging station has been plugged into a wall outlet. It is possible for someone to unplug the charging station in order to use the wall outlet. If this happens, it is easy to forget to plug it again into the wall.
- To ensure that the cable is in good condition, inspect it carefully for any cuts, wear-out spots or other damage. You can check that the charging station has power if there is an Apple Watch in your household. When the watch is charging, it should display the power icon (a lightning bolt).
The Apple Watch Settings are available here
An accessibility feature called “Screen Curtain” can be used to turn off the Apple Watch’s display. This feature is part the VoiceOver assistance for visually impaired. VoiceOver turns on the watch so that it can be operated using sound, not sight.
You may have tried a force restart, charged the phone and checked the charging station but to no avail. To ensure VoiceOver is off, you can check the Apple Watch Settings. This is not necessary to use your watch.
- Launch the Watch App from the iPhone that was paired with your Apple Watch.
- If you’re not on the My Watch screen, tap My Watch.
- Scroll down to select Accessibility.
- Tap VoiceOver to see if it says “On”.
- To turn off the feature, tap the slider near VoiceOver.
Power reserve mode should be ruled out
Apple Watch offers a Power Reserve mode that is similar to the low-power mode for the iPhone. However, it is more extreme than the iPhone version. When the Apple Watch is in Power Reserve mode, almost all functions are disabled and the screen turns dark. The watch will briefly display the time when you press the crown button. After that, it will go dark once again.
To exit Power Reserve mode, re-start the watch. Hold down the side button (not crown) until you see the Apple logo. To force restart, you can hold down the crown and side buttons.
How does PowerReserve mode get activated? When the battery is below 10 percent, the Apple Watch will alert you. It is easy to accidentally turn on the power-saving mode via the screen. It can also be turned on by tapping the batteryicon within the Apple Watch Control Center, and then tap power reserve at bottom of next screen.
You can open the Control Center by clicking on the Apple Watch’s watch face.