Here’s how to locate old text messages stored on your iPad or iPhone.
Unless you have limited storage, the Messages app for your iPhone or iPad can be used as a unlimited cache of conversations. The only problem is how to locate old text messages from iPhone, when there are many of them.
These are two quick ways to get the message you need in iOS.
The Hidden Scroll: How to see old messages on your iPhone
Scrolling can get tiresome after just a few vertical swipes. Tap at the top of your screen to scroll through a few messages at once.
- Open the Messengers app on iOS and choose the conversation you wish to view.
- Tap once at the clock or on the other side of the camera.
- As the app scrolls through a few messages at once, a progress indicator will appear.
- Tap on the spot to scan the history of messages until you find the one you are looking for. Scroll to the top of iMessage.
To get back to the start of your message thread, it will take a lot more tapping on the iMessage screen. It’s much more comfortable than scrolling, which can quickly become frustrating.
Tip This method is compatible with all iOS apps.
Is there an easier way to locate an old message on your iPhone without scrolling?
How to Search for Old Messages on iPhones Using the Search Bar
If you can remember the words used by someone, you can view old messages on your iPhone. This is the fastest way for you to scroll up or down and it can also give you some rest.
- Go to the app.
- The Search bar is located at the top of the screen. It contains all conversation threads. To make it appear, you may have to drag the bar down from the middle.
- You can type the words that you remember into the search bar or speak with the microphone by tapping on the mic.
- The most recent messages appear at the top of the list. Highlighted words are highlighted in the relevant conversations.
- Browse the results and click to open the one that interests you.
MAKEUSEOF VIDEO DURING THE DAY
This only works if you can remember a portion of the original message. Try a variety of search terms. If all else fails, you can always resort to the tedious scrolling method.
You can find old text messages on your iPhone anytime
You can’t find an older message if it hasn’t been deleted from the Messages App. You can recover text messages from your iPhone by using the iCloud backup.