Instagram was the first social media platform that was primarily designed for mobile devices (phones, tablets). Although the Instagram desktop may look slightly different from the mobile version, the functionality is the same. There are some exceptions, like navigational menus or options. You can still access an Instagram URL with both methods, share them on social media, and you can find them anytime you like.
How to manage and send Instagram profile URLs?
Find your Instagram profile URL on any browser (Chrome Firefox, Opera Safari, Opera, Safari and Many More) whether you’re using a mobile device, laptop, or a PC.
It is easy to find your Instagram URL from a browser, mobile or desktop. Here’s how you do it.
- Click/tap the profile icon at the top-right of the screen to navigate to your profile.
- From the menu, click on “Profile“.
- Click on the address bar in the browser. Highlight the URL and then copy it. You can now paste the URL wherever you need it.
You could say that it is easy to find the URL for your profile using a browser on your computer or laptop. The majority of users don’t use Instagram on their computer because they are constantly on the move and have mobile devices.
A desktop app is the best option if someone prefers to check their IG feed on a desktop device. It is nearly identical to the mobile app, and has most of the functionality of a mobile app.
However, an Instagram app can’t directly find your Instagram profile URL. You can however find the URLs of other profiles. It is easy to create Instagram profiles with the URL pattern. Each profile contains both your Instagram URL and literal username. So, your Instagram profile URL would be https://www.instagram.com/username. The website version of Instagram is the best option if you need to send someone your profile URL or paste it into a field on a site. You can still manually type it on your mobile device by using the default URL structure.
How to get an Instagram post’s URL and share it
Instagram makes it easy to share photos and videos on the platform. There is a share icon at the bottom of every post. This indicates that it has a share function. This option allows you to send the post directly to any Facebook or Instagram contacts you wish. Yes, both Instagram lists and Facebook lists are available when you use the mobile app. You can share an Instagram post URL to other sources (Twitter and email, text messages, blogs, forums comments, etc.). You will need a different method. This is how you can get the URL for any Instagram post.
Grab and Share an Instagram Post’s URL with the Android/iOS/iPhone App
- To open the post options, locate the post that you wish to grab the URL from and tap or click the (vertical three dots icon)
- To copy the URL, tap Link.
- As confirmation, the screen displays “Link copied”.
- Select the sending or posting method, and the recipient.
- Copy the URL and paste it into your message, comment, or social media post.
Use a browser (Windows, Mac, and Linux) to obtain the URL of an Instagram post.
You can access Instagram using a browser on Windows or Mac. The process of finding and copying the URL for a post is similar to that used by Android/iPhone. There are many more options when you use the “ellipsis” menu option.
While you can still use “share icon” for sending to Instagram contacts, Facebook friends are not available in the browser. However, they are an option when using “ellipsis icon.” The steps below will explain how to share an Instagram URL.
- Click on the link to the Instagram post that you wish to copy.
- Copy the URL of an image or video by selecting “Copy Link,”, and you’re done.
- Copy the URL/link to perform other actions. Select Share to …” then choose your option.
- Select to share to Instagram accounts.
- Select to share your story or Facebook feed.
- To include the URL in a Facebook Messenger message, select “Share with Messenger.”
- Choose to share the URL to Twitter.
- To email the URL of the post, select “Share by Email.”
- If you did not use the copy option in Step 2, choose “Copy Link”. to add the URL of the post to a blog comment, forum comment, or other option that requires a URL.
It is easy to copy Instagram post URLs.
How to get someone else’s Instagram profile URL
Perhaps you just want to copy an Instagram profile URL from someone to use as a reference or to send it to someone. No matter what purpose it may serve, you can use a browser on Windows, Mac, and Linux. It can also be done using the Android and iPhone mobile apps. How to copy the URL of an Instagram profile.
Use a Windows, Mac or Linux browser to copy someone’s Instagram profile URL
- Copy the URL by going to the profile.
- Highlight the URL in the “Address Bar” and copy it using the right-click menu and choosing “Copy.”
- Copy using right-clicking.
Copy someone’s Instagram Profile URL with Android or iOS/iPhone
- To open the menu, go to the Instagram profile. Tap on the “verticalellipsis ” in the top-right.
- Select Copy profile URL.
- The screen shows “Link copied” above the profile page.
- Copy the profile URL and paste it wherever you need it. This can be in an email, a message, a post on social media, a blog or forum.
It is simple to copy the URLs of Instagram profiles. You can then paste them anywhere you want, whenever you want.
As you can see, Instagram is a bit weird about URLs in general. Some URLs are easy to share and copy, while others (like your own profile URL) don’t come with a simple “copy” option. Copying your profile URL is only possible using a browser while other profile URLs are easily copyable using the mobile app and in a web browser on a PC or laptop. Posts, whether images or video, are easily copyable too in the app or in a browser. You just need to know how to do it. If you don’t think you’ll ever need to copy URLs on Instagram, the time will come when you need one.