Although the DoorDash app looks very modern, some features may seem obscured. Our title question is one of the most prominent questions about the app.
It’s easy to add or delete a credit card via the DoorDash Android and iOS apps. However, the option is hidden away. The same applies to the DoorDash website. The following sections contain all the necessary information. We also have tips for how to cancel Dash Pass or delete your DoorDash account.
How to delete DoorDash CC from the App
It is not as easy as you might think to delete a DoorDash credit or debit card via the mobile app. You can’t delete the current payment method if you have only one payment method linked to your account. This is because you can’t delete your default card.
Once you’re ready, please follow these steps:
- Open the DoorDash app from your phone or tablet.
- From the Home screen, select the Account Page.
- Choose Payment Methods.
- Next, swipe left from your CC and hit Delete.
Your card will not swipe to the left if there is no default payment method. You will need to add a payment method.
- To add another card, press Add a Card at the top-right corner.
- Enter the new CC information and tap the card to place a checkmark beside it.
This page can be saved to multiple credit cards. You can simply tap on any of the cards to make that your default card.
How to delete DoorDash CC from the Website
The steps for deleting a DoorDash credit account from the website are different. Follow these steps:
- In any browser, open the DoorDash webpage to consumers.
- Click on the three horizontal lines at the upper right corner.
- Click on “Payment.”
- Click the three dots to the right of the payment method that you wish to delete.
- Click “Delete” and confirm.
Note: You cannot delete your default payment method. To choose another payment method, use the three dots menu. Then delete the one that you don’t want to remove.
If you are certain that you will not use DoorDash again you can delete your DD account.
How to delete your DD account
Your DoorDash account cannot be deleted by you. DoorDash must submit a request to deactivate your account. You can contact DoorDash’s support team via email.
- Send an email addressed to email@example.com.
- Type “Deactivate My Account” in the Subject field.
- Your account information – your username.
- You can also add a reason to deactivate your account. Send the email, and wait for a reply.
DoorDash support usually responds within a few days. They will most likely approve your request and deactivate the account.
Cancel DoorDash Premium Plan
Perhaps deactivating your DoorDash Account feels too extreme. You can cancel your DashPass plan if you just want to deactivate your DoorDash account. Here’s how it works:
- Register for your DoorDash account via the website or mobile app.
- Click on the DashPass Menu.
- Next, click on the Hamburger menu.
- Next, select Manage DashPass.
- Select End Subscription.
The mentioned menu will show you information about your DashPass so that you can choose when to cancel.
Most Frequently Asked Questions
Door Dash does not make it easy to remove payment methods, as we have already stated. We have all the information you need to answer your questions.
Can I cancel all my payment methods?
Unfortunately, no. This can be especially frustrating if a friend uses your payment method to place orders on their account. You must first choose another payment option to delete a payment method.
You can delete your account completely. Contact Door Dash support if you have any questions about an unauthorized payment.
Which payment methods does Door Dash accept?
You can update your payment method by using a variety of financial resources. You can add your PayPal, Google Pay, Apple, gift cards, and all major credit cards.
Credit card removed
This article should have helped you to remove your credit card from your DoorDash Account. We also covered other related issues.
You may have decided to discontinue using DoorDash or just want to add another payment option. How about deactivating your account. Are you satisfied with the outcome? Please let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
4 thoughts on “How To Delete DoorDash Credit Card”