AirPods have revolutionized the way we listen to music. It’s gone! Gone are the days of tangled cables and earbuds falling out. Bluetooth headphones are more convenient and easier to use.
AirPods are not for everyone. You will need to be familiar with checking the battery level regularly if you’re new to them. You could find yourself stuck on a train or plane ride with no music if you don’t recharge them in time. Here’s how to check the battery level of your AirPods.
The simplest way to check your AirPod batteries
AirPods are fast charging. After just 15 minutes, you can listen to your favorite songs for three hours. You need to be aware of when you should charge them. Keep an eye on your battery levels. There are several ways to determine how much juice remains in your AirPods.
AirPods Battery Life Checked with an iPhone/iPad
The easiest way to check the AirPod battery level is to use your iPhone’s Bluetooth. First, connect your iPhone to the pods via Bluetooth.
- Scroll up from the bottom and choose Bluetooth.
- Keep the AirPods case near your iPhone.
- The case can be opened.
- Tap Connect now, when the option is available.
Testing the Batteries of Paired AirPods
You can check the battery level even if your AirPods have been paired with your device. Here’s what you can do:
- Keep the AirPod case close to your phone.
- Wait for the charge status to appear on your screen by opening the case.
Note – If the charge status does not appear, close the case and reopen it.
- It will display the battery status and tell you how many batteries are left.
Check the iPhone’s Widget Page for AirPods Battery Life
The widget page on your iPhone will tell you how many batteries are left.
- To access the widget page, swipe left to right.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap Edit.
- Locate the Battery widget.
- Tap the + Icon left of the widget.
- To make it easier to find the widget, place it at the top of your page.
- Tap Done at the top-right corner. Now, save your changes.
- Scroll down to the Battery widget.
- As long as your AirPods are paired with an iPhone, you can now check their battery life.
AirPods Battery Life Checked with the AirPods Case
AirPods cases have a small indicator for the battery level. This case has a tiny indicator that lets you know the battery level.
- All the way open the AirPods box.
- Place the AirPods in the case
- The battery indicator can be found between the earbuds. If the light turns green or amber it means that there is still some juice.
- The green light indicates that your batteries are fully charged. Your AirPods may be slightly depleted if they are amber.
AirPods Battery Life Checked with a Mac
To find out how much battery you have left, open the Bluetooth menu on your Mac. You will first need to connect your Airpods with your Mac.
Next, check for the battery’s life.
- In the upper-right corner, click the Bluetooth button.
- Your AirPods Battery life is being checked.
How to save your AirPods battery life
Nothing is worse than your AirPods running low on batteries while you’re far from a charger. This is why it is important to ensure that your battery life does not run out when you aren’t using them. These are some tips to ensure your s is always functioning.
- Keep the AirPods in their Case
When you’re not using your AirPods, place them back in their case. They will charge in the case so that you are always ready to use them.
- Do not open and close the case too often
The battery life of your AirPods will be reduced if you keep the case open and closed frequently. It is best to close it when the earbuds are removed or returned inside. If the case is left open, it will drain your battery.
- Your Mac Computer can charge your AirPods
While you can charge your AirPods anywhere in the world, they will be charged faster when connected to your Mac computer.
- Reset your AirPods to fix battery draining
An issue could cause your AirPods to lose their battery. Reset your AirPods if they drain faster than normal. Hold down the setup button at the bottom of the AirPods case. It should be held for approximately 15 seconds before you reconnect it to the device.
Most Frequently Asked Questions
This section answers more questions regarding the Airpods’ battery health.
What Android devices can I use to check the AirPod battery status?
Apple’s Airpods can be both reliable and comfortable. The little buds can be paired with Android devices. Apple does not offer an official way to check the AirPods’ battery using an Android device. To check the AirPods’ battery health, you can download third-party apps such as AirBattery or PodAir.
What should I do if my Airpods don’t charge?
You should first check the AirPods case for any debris if only one Bud isn’t charging. To ensure that your Bud is charging properly, gently press the prongs of the AirPod slot with a Q-Tip (or another soft tool).
Check the charging port to make sure your AirPod isn’t plugged in. To inspect the charging port with a flashlight, you can gently use tweezers to loosen any obstructions.
Apple can be reached if you have tried to remove any debris but they are still not charging. Apple sells replacement batteries and charging cases to those without warranty coverage.
Before you leave the house, charge your AirPods
We now know how to check the battery level of your AirPods. It is recommended that you charge the case before you leave the house. This will ensure that your earbuds are at their best. If you have to charge your case, bring your charging cable.
Please share your AirPods experience below.