Sims 4 has many well-designed features. However, Sims 4’s work clothes are not one of them. Sims’ outfits are often disliked by many users. Many users don’t like the Sims’ outfits.
How can you change your attire to fix this problem?
This entry will show you how to change your Sims 4 work clothes. For a uniform look, you’ll also learn how to change NPC clothes.
How to Change Work Clothes In Sims 4
Sims 4 doesn’t allow you to change your work clothes. This can make it difficult. This can be overcome by a cheat code called “Change Career Outfit.” This allows you to use all your ideas for attire to enhance your Sims’ career.
Before you can use this code you will need to enable cheats within your game. Here’s how you can enable cheats in your game if you don’t have it enabled yet.
- Enter the Shift + key combination.
- Now you’ll see a window at the upper-left corner of your screen. Navigate to the search bar.
- In the next line, type:
TestingCheats [true] and testingCheats (on]
- Click the Enter to enter your cheat codes. Try entering the cheats line without brackets if this fails.
After activating the cheat console, enable the “Change Career Outfit Code” code. Follow these steps:
- Your cheat code console should be brought up.
- In the next line, type:
- The CAS mode (Create Sim) should be activated by pressing .
- Your clothing collection can be used to create the outfit you desire.
Your Sims’ career won’t be affected if you create a new work outfit. Their work will continue as usual, but their attire may change. All other aspects of their lives will remain the same, even social interactions. This is why cheat codes are so convenient.
Keep in mind, however, that not all work uniforms can be worn outside of designated buildings and workspaces. They are not even accessible via CAS mode. You might not be able reverse the change if you swap out those uniforms for your own. This scenario can be avoided by checking whether your work clothes are still available for use.
A mod called “Plan Career Outfit” allows you to modify the Sims’ work attire. It adds interactions to all dressers and Get Together closets as well as mirrors. You can integrate it into any object with the Change Sim interactions. This means that it will automatically work with Custom Content creations.
Only Sims with uniform-granting jobs are compatible with the mod. They must also be at minimum in their Teens.
Here are the steps to use the mod.
- Open your browser to download the mod from this webpage.
- Extract the files from the download and then install the mod.
- Start Sims 4 and open your Dresser.
- You should enter CAS mode to plan your career. To avoid making changes to your everyday clothing, don’t change the clothes category.
- To exit the mode, design your uniform and hit the tick symbol.
Your Sims will be wearing the new outfit next time they leave for work.
This interaction will only allow you to change the outfit for Sims that have multiple jobs. The mod does not support Child Sims’ work outfits.
This mod requires the Scumbumbo XML injector. This mod library allows modders to use custom code snippets for small changes instead of scrips. Modders can also release their mods without having to write, compile, or maintain the script.
If you don’t have the Injector, follow these steps to download it and install it.
- Download the files from by visiting.
- These files can be extracted from the zip file and placed in your Sims 4 Mods directory. It is better to install it directly in this folder than in a subfolder. You might not be able locate it quickly if you update your script to a newer version.
- After you have installed the files, make sure your script mods are enabled from the game options.
- To ensure that the XML Injector is working properly, test it. Use the included test package to add various interactions to your game objects. Any of these six locations can be used in Sims 4:
- Mailbox for household
- Computer objects
- Click on your Sim
- Clicking on another Sim via the Friendly chat option
- Category for Household phones
- Through Sim’s relationship panel
- These test interactions will notify your Injector that it is working correctly. If the interactions are not visible, the Injector may need to be reinstalled or the mod won’t work with your “Plan Career Outfit”.
- After verifying that your Injector is functioning correctly, you can remove the following file: XmlInjector_Test_v2.package
Tests won’t be displayed on pie menus. Keep the script file in the Mods folder. It may cause other mods that depend on it to stop working.
After you have installed and tested your Injector, you will be able to make the most out of your outfit modification. The Injector will make sure it does not conflict with other mods, ensuring your game is stable and intact.
How to change an NPC’s work outfit in Sims 4
It is very similar to changing the outfit of a NPC for work. Once again, you will need to open the cheat code console and type a cheat code.
- Enter Ctrl + Shift+ C.
- Move to the upper-left corner of the display to open the search bar.
- Enter “testCheats [true] or “testcheats [on]“. If you have trouble typing the lines, don’t worry!
- Click the Enter Button.
- In the next line, type:
- Hit Enter to find the NPC who’s work outfit you want to edit.
- Use the Shift+Click combination on the NPC to select the Modify In CAS option.
- It is now possible to change your work attire.
How can I enable Sims 4 cheats on a Mac
What you need to do in order to enable cheat codes for a computer? If you are a Mac user, the process is identical. This is how it looks:
- Enter the following combination: Shift +
- Now you’ll see a cheat input window. Enter ” TestingCheats [true] or ” Testingcheats [on]“. If you have trouble typing the lines, don’t worry!
- You’re ready to go when you press “Enter”
How can I enable Sims 4 cheats on my Xbox?
You can also access cheats in Sims 4 through your Xbox console. These cheats can be enabled on Xbox using the following steps
- To open the input box, press the -LT or -LB buttons on the controller.
- You can type in “testCheats [true] or “testcheats [on]“, depending on what works best for you.
- To enter your cheat codes, re-open the input box.
How can I enable Sims 4 cheats on a PS4
You can activate Sims 4 cheat codes using a PS4 as follows:
- Start the game by entering the following key combination: R1, R2, L1, R2, R1. The input box will open.
- Enter ” TestingCheats [true]” and ” Testingcheats [on]“.
- To enter your cheat codes, open the cheat box once more. If the cheat box doesn’t show up, you can try typing it in either of the lines above but without the square brackets.
Sims 4 cheats are very useful, but they can disable Achievements and Trophies if used on Xbox or PS4. Before you activate cheat codes, make sure to carefully consider your options.
How can I edit a NPC in Sims 4
You can make your Sims 4 NPCs more attractive by changing their appearance. You can change their whole appearance, not just their work clothes. Here’s how:
- You can open your cheat console that has been activated by pressing Ctrl + Shift+ C.
- The following line should be entered: “cas. fulleditmode”.
- Click the Enter Button.
- Navigate to the NPC that you wish to edit, and then press Shift + click.
- Select the Modify In CAS option to make your changes.
You’re ready for a sophisticated look
Sims 4 can make it difficult to find work clothing. However, cheat codes and mods are a great solution. These codes allow you to modify the clothing of Sims and NPCs in minutes. You can have a well-dressed workforce regardless of platform.
Do you like Sims 4’s work clothes? Are there other ways to modify them? Are you thinking of editing Sims 4 NPCs. Please let us know your thoughts in the comments below.