Find out how to use custom fonts wherever Instagram supports them.
Fonts are a limited feature of Instagram. There isn’t an official setting that allows you to change the fonts in your Instagram bio or your comments. However, this doesn’t mean you can’t change fonts.
This article will show you how to change the fonts on your Instagram Stories, bios, comments, and captions.
How to change fonts in your text-based Instagram stories
The fonts you use in your text-based Stories are one of the easiest things you can customize on Instagram. This is made possible by the fact that Instagram lets you choose from a variety of fonts as a default. At the time of writing, there are nine fonts available. How to change the font for your Instagram text-based story:
- Tap Your Story at the top left of your Instagram feed.
- If you have not already, grant Instagram the necessary permission.
- Select Camera, then tap the Aa link to the left. This will open a blank webpage for you to create a text-only Story.
- To type, tap anywhere on the blank paper. After you are done, swipe the Aa button for other fonts.
- After you are satisfied with the font, tap Next at the top right. Then select Send To to publish your Story.
How to get new fonts for Instagram
You only have nine fonts as a default, as mentioned previously. You can, however, use fonts that Instagram does not support officially thanks to the generosity of internet users. This can be done using Instagram font generator websites. Good examples include Cool Fonts, IGFonts.io, and FontsForInstagram.com.
It is simple to use these sites. Simply copy the text from these sites and you can use it to paste into Instagram. This will give you access to more than 100 fonts that are available by default on Instagram.
Follow these steps to learn how to use font generator websites to modify the fonts on your Instagram text.
RELATED:Ways To Make Your Instagram Stories More Engaging
Font Generator Sites: How to Change Instagram Fonts
Many font generator websites exist, but all of them work from the same basic principle. Simply enter the text, and then copy it wherever you like. This tutorial will use CoolFont.
- Go to Cool fonts.
- In the input bar, enter your text. This could be a comment or caption you would like to add to Instagram.
- CoolFont will display your text in a variety of font styles. Scroll down for more options.
- Once you have found the font you like, click on the Copy icon. You can also tap on the text to select Copy. This popup is available on iOS and Android. This will save your text in the new font to your clipboard.
- Open Instagram to go wherever you can type text.
- Hold down the input bar, tap and hold it until appears. Copy and enter your preformatted text.
This method will allow you to modify your Instagram bio font and fonts in comments and Stories. You can also change captions. You can choose any font from these sites but not all fonts are equal.
Some fonts are fantastic, while others can make your text difficult to read. You can create your own site, IGFonts.io if you don’t like the options.
RELATED: Best Websites to Create Your Custom Fonts
Make Instagram your own fonts
Instagram is a wonderful social media platform. However, Instagram has its pros and cons. One problem is that you can only access limited fonts natively. Even without native support, Instagram allows you to change the fonts of any text you input on the platform. Cool Fonts and IGFonts.io are font generators that allow you to modify the fonts in your Stories, comments, bio, and any other text.