Most companies around the world have acknowledged the importance of scaling up and growing their customer base. Completing a SAFe course is the first step towards becoming a Certified SAFe Program Consultant.
An SPC professional leads organizations in project endeavors and helps them implement the SAFe framework. SAFe principles require people to work collaboratively and assist team members in transitioning to new roles. The SPC ensures the organization is on track and steers everybody in the right direction, ensuring companies don’t lose momentum and carry out their mission. We recommend you explore KnowledgeHut’s broad range of courses as well as learn more about the SPC certification.
In an age where enterprises are becoming more Agile, getting SPC 101 Certified is one of the best ways to stand out and ensure one’s credibility as a professional in the industry.
What is the SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) Certification 101?
The SPC certification is designed to imbue aspirants with the professional skills and technical knowledge to operate as change agents in organizations. SPC professionals play a critical role in business and technology, portfolio management, process leads, analysis, and work as consultants.
Topics such as how to create coaching programs, build continuous delivery pipelines, empower Lean practices, and develop a DevOps culture are covered. Becoming an SPC Certified professional means learners are equipped with the acumen needed to coach employees and other members of organizations. They become well-versed with the SAFe framework, lead enterprise transformations, and improve product development flows. In the process, professionals become adept at making continuous program improvements and can identify new revenue opportunities for businesses. The average salary of a SAFe Program Consultant is USD 129,000 a year for a fresher, and this substantially goes up with more years of work experience.
Job Opportunities for SPC 101 Certified Professionals
Those who complete the KnowledgeHut SPC certification are eligible for job roles in the industry, such as:
- Agile Coach
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
- Product Owner
- Senior Program Manager
- Senior Project Manager
- Director of Engineering
- Software Engineering Manager
- Senior Technical Consultant
- Scrum Coach
Responsibilities of SAFe Program Consultants
The following is a list of responsibilities SPC 101 Certified professionals carry out in organizations:
- SAFe Program Consultants work directly with stakeholders and are responsible for establishing a Lean-Agile Center of Excellence (LACE). They create transformation backlogs, understand value flows, and establish metrics for project implementation planning.
- SPCs drive product portfolio management, Lean-Agile practices, and Agile contracts are involved in participatory budgeting. SPCs are required to review lean budgets and ensure that companies align their business practices with their Portfolio Vision.
- SPCs train Agile leaders, executives, product managers, and new trainees to get adapted to their new roles. They assess and launch programs, often executing the latest rollout strategies, and are involved with Program Increment Planning (PIP) initiatives.
How SAFe Benefits Organizations?
Faster time to market – Build an agile team and make faster decisions for your enterprise. SAFe will help you communicate more effectively, streamline business operations, and improve customer satisfaction rates.
- Enhanced quality – Quality is integrated every step of the way when it comes to taking advantage of the SAFe development lifecycle. The SAFe framework benefits everyone by shifting from the focus of an individual to a holistic and agile team that accepts shared responsibility and works together.
- Boost productivity – Get rid of unwanted tasks, boost enterprise efficiency, and make more money while doing it. Enhance automation, identity and remove delays, and resolve performance issues by building the right things.
- Great employee engagement – Your employees will be happier when using SAFe, which is why it’s worth getting SPC 101 Certified. Organizations that use the SAFe framework are known to avoid workplace burnout and report higher employee retention rates.
- Specific and practical – SAFe framework uses specific principles and concepts to help teams develop software and workflows and create scalable lean enterprise transformations. Teams direct all their energy toward clients and focus on developing high-quality products that have long-lasting impacts on the future.
- Transparent – SAFe gives a complete overview of an organization’s business posture and increases customer satisfaction. It makes enterprises transparent, enables cross-functional communication, and provides comprehensive reporting and analytics. Organizations learn to effectively implement and use toolchains across multiple projects, such as Jira and extract insights from KPIs to deliver the best performance. For clients, SAFe gives a full rundown of project budgets, progress, burndowns, and more.
- Manages Complex Systems – No matter how complex an organization becomes or how layered systems are, the SAFe framework simplifies enterprise architectures and makes them scalable and more Agile. It adds structure to various components and ensures they are not dispersed. SAFe enables collaboration between team members, reduces workloads, and improves performance with automation and various practices. The biggest benefits of SAFe translate to increased revenue, successful ART launches, and lean enterprise transformations.
SAFe is reliable because it gives organizations a safe and trusted way to ensure enterprise agility and adopt smarter ways of working. SAFe boosts employee productivity, team morale, and the overall quality of an organization’s offerings. There is a high demand for SAFe program consultants in the industry and plenty of job vacancies, so there is no better time than now to get certified. Explore KnowledgeHut’s broad range of courses, and visit our official website today to learn more about the SPC certification.
- How Many SPCs Are Needed by Companies?
SPC professionals have distinct competencies for which they are hired in organizations. However, one SPC candidate alone isn’t enough to initiate transformative change. Most organizations find themselves hiring at least 3 to 5 SPC professionals to drive sustainability and project implementation.
- How to train SPCs?
The best way to train SPCs and ensure they’re accomplished is by taking the KnowledgeHut SPC Certification course. It includes up to 32 hours of live instructor-led online training and offers a free 1-year SAFe community membership plan. By the end of the course, students will earn 32 PUDs and 32 SEUs, and be eligible to apply for the SAFe Program Consultant certification exam.
- Why choose the SAFe methodology?
SAFe is trusted by over 70% of Fortune 500 companies worldwide and is the No. 1 most popular Agile scaling methodology for enterprises. The demand for SAFe implementation is growing across various industry verticals such as defence, logistics, banking, manufacturing, oil & gas, and eCommerce.
- What is the career outlook after completing SPC Certification?
SPC 101 Certified professionals can earn up to USD 154,800 per year or higher, depending on where they are placed. There is no shortage of job opportunities for SAFe Program Consultants, and it is a very in-demand career. Getting the SPC certification is a good start if you are interested in a career that blends technology, project management, and business. You will also distinguish yourself from other professionals in the industry since SAFe Program Consultants are known to deliver maximum value to enterprises and design products of the future.
- Which is the best SAFe Certification?
The top SAFe Certification programs online are SAFe 5.1 with SPC Certification, SAFe DevOps Practitioner, SAFe Scrum Master, SAFe Architect, and SAFe Advanced Scrum Master. Please note that all SAFe certifications are valid for up to 1 year and will need to be renewed beyond that. Students will receive an official email from Scaled Agile when their SAFe license expires and should pay the renewal fees only after that.