Many people purchase home exercise equipment for different reasons. However, the main reason is to lose weight and keep fit. Trimming that stubborn abdominal fat is an important part of these goals.
It’s a top goal if you are here.
Let’s just get to the point and find out which machine is the best for burning belly fat.
Warning! You won’t like this answer. But, keep reading to see seven of the most popular home exercise machines.
Treadmills can be a great way to lose belly fat, as you do cardio. You can choose the punishment that suits your fitness level and preferences.
- Walking at an accelerated pace: 170 calories/ 30 min
- Jogging (5 mph): 272 calories/ 30 minutes
- Running (8mph): 459 Calories/30 Minutes
- Climbing: 272 calories/30 minutes
These exercises can result in significant calorie consumption (the above values are for a person of 150 lbs). You can increase your burn by:
- Walking or running at an incline. This strategy engages your core because your abs will need to contract to keep your body in the tilted position. This will increase the strength of your core.
- HIIT. Science proves that HIIT can reduce body fat, especially in the abdominal area.
2. Elliptical trainers
Because they involve your whole body, elliptical trainers can also be a great way to lose belly fat. This means that you will burn more calories and reduce your fat stores.
This is a strong argument in favor of the elliptical.
Moderate exercise on this machine, which feels almost like walking, results in a calorie consumption of 302 calories/30 min.
Note: This value can also be calculated for a person 150 lbs; we’ll use this reference value throughout the article to make it easy to compare.
However, people who are heavier will burn more calories and lose fat faster using the elliptical.
Running on a treadmill is not recommended if you have ankle or knee pain. Fitness experts recommend that people with joint problems or overweight BMIs exercise on ellipticals instead of treadmills.
These are some of the benefits:
- Ellipticals target the midsection better then treadmills due to the slight twisting motion that you make each time you pedal. An elliptical can help you shape your abs more effectively.
- An elliptical requires less effort. Because you are simultaneously working your whole body. This will allow you to enter your heart’s fat burning zone effortlessly. Your body will use your fat cells as fuel once your heart rate has increased to that level.
- Keep in mind that motivation is a function of perceived effort. In other words, only 14% of treadmill users are motivated to continue their exercise routines. This can be problematic for the long-term.
- The resistance can be increased. You can increase the resistance. Having more muscle mass can help you lose more body fat, even when you’re not working out.
3. Spin Bikes
The spin bike is a fat burning machine that can trim your whole body, without putting pressure on your knees or ankles.
- This exercise burns 300 calories an hour. It’s similar to what a moderate intensity elliptical workout and jogging on a treadmill can do.
- It’s fun. You will be more motivated to do fun workouts than boring ones. Stressful exercises can also increase cortisol levels. You can also find these exercises in the video. Experts show Your body stores more fat when there is too much cortisol.
- Tip: If you want to feel empowered, motivated and inspired, get a spinning bicycle with VR and app connectivity.
- It can change your body composition. Research shows that spinning for three times per week for six weeks can help you lose weight.
- Both HIIT or strength training can be done. These exercises have been shown to increase your resting metabolic rate, so your body can burn fat even while you are resting.
- Tip: Not all spin bike models are the same. If you don’t want your heart rate to swell, choose a spin bike with a higher resistance for strength training. This will allow you to burn belly fat while not feeling too winded.
4. Rowing machines
For those who don’t like to work hard, a rowing machine can be one of the most effective ways to lose belly fat at home. Here’s the main benefit of rowing:
It allows you to use 86% your body’s muscles.
- It’s easy to burn calories quickly and without feeling like you are exerting a lot of effort. If you are 150 lbs, T thirty minutes of rowing will burn around 239 calories.
- Your harmful cholesterol levels decrease quickly.
- You will see an increase in muscle mass, which can help speed up your metabolism.
These are the three reasons rowing can help you lose belly fat.
Science also supports this conclusion. One experiment showed that rowing for six consecutive weeks reduced participants’ body fat from 31.14% down to 29.74%. During this period, each subject lost approximately 1 kilogram (or 2.25 pounds) of body fat.
- A rowing machine with a heavier flywheel will create resistance that builds lean muscle mass. After 30 minutes of training, you will notice a significant effect on your body that reduces belly fat.
- Rowing machines can be used for planks and sit-ups. Core-targeted exercise will help you tone your abs.
5. Stair Climbers
A stair climber, a home exercise machine that looks similar to rolling stairs, is called a stair climber. Bending your knees is the main difference between an incline treadmill and a stair climbing machine.
This movement may seem small, but it is essential.
Your lower abs contract slightly each time you bend your knees. Your glutes also engage when you extend your legs backward.
A stair climber, on the other hand, targets your lower back and abs more than an incline treadmill.
It all depends on your speed.
A calorie expenditure of 180-260 calories for a thirty minute session on the stair climber is around This is less than a treadmill incline walk session, but the benefit is building stronger core muscles.
6. Captain’s chairs
This device was specifically designed to target your abs. It can only be used for 20 minutes per session, and that’s just three times per week. Because your body doesn’t have enough time for recovery, you are at greater risk of injury.
Captain’s Chairs are something you’re likely to have seen at your gym. However, few people buy them for their home.
These machines look similar to tall chairs with backrests and armrests, but no seats. To activate your abs, you support your arms on the armrests. Next, lift your legs and lift your legs.
These exercises will activate your rectus abdominalis and your obliques. Your fat stores will decrease as you increase abdominal muscle mass.
The downside is that Captain’s Chairs aren’t very calorie-burning.
7. Vibration plates
Studies have shown vibration plates can help you shed weight and keep it off over the long-term – as well as visceral fat. Visceral fat refers to the deep-tissue fat you have around your stomach.
Participants used a combination of different forms of exercise and a restricted calorie diet in this study. After completing a 6-month experiment, the 61 participants were instructed to exercise and continue with their diet for six more months.
These are the results
- The diet-only group lost 6% but could not maintain this weight after the experiment. These subjects lost 24.3cm 2 body fat in the first six months. This number dropped to 7.5 cm 2 after the sixth month.
- The combined diet and conventional fitness group lost 7% of their bodyweight and maintained it after the experiment. Their body fat decreased by 17.6 cm 2 in the first six months and then rose to 16 cm 2 at the end of the year.
- The diet + vibration group lost 11% bodyweight and maintained a 10.5% weight loss at the year’s end. Participants also lost 47.8cm 2 visceral fat in six months. They maintained a 47.7cm 2 weight loss after six months.
Experts recommend that you do not stop doing aerobic exercise. While vibration plates are effective in working your muscles and aiding weight loss, cardio routines offer many essential health benefits.
What gym equipment is most effective in burning belly fat? The answer is not what you expected.
This is the machine that you are most likely to use.
Treadmills are great for running, but not everyone is a runner. The same applies to spinning.
Although vibration plates have been shown to significantly reduce deep-tissue fat, you will also need cardio training. Captain’s chairs, on the other hand can help build lean muscle mass but not lose significant weight.
It all comes down to your fitness goals and needs.
- Treadmill If you want to lose weight, trim your belly fat and have no joint issues, this is the right machine for you.
- Elliptical You must do total body exercises and have joint problems
- The Best for weight loss, fat loss and motivation
- Rowing machine:Burns stomach fat by increasing your total muscular mass
- Stair climber Activates the lower core and creates a significant calorie deficit
- Captain’s chair: Ideal for building lean abs, but with no cardio
- Vibration plate It’s a great way to lose belly fat. But you also need to include an aerobic workout.